Nominations for the NFHC’s Fire and Emergency Services Hall of Legends, Legacies and Leaders (HLLL) will be accepted April 15 through June 1, 2018.
The HLLL provides individual recognition of significant contributions and distinguished service to the fire and emergency services mission.
The HLLL is one of the most important initiatives undertaken by the National Fire Heritage Center each year.
NFHC Vice President Bill Killen
Any person or organization may submit a nomination to the Hall of Legends, Legacies and Leaders in accordance with the following criteria:
- Nominees must have at least 25 years of service to the fire service and or fire protection disciplines (provide service dates on nomination package).
- Type the nomination package in Arial 10 point. A maximum of two pages are permitted.
- Nomination packages must be postmarked no later than June 1 Mail or deliver packages to the National Fire Heritage Center, P. O. Drawer 76, Emmitsburg, MD, 21727.
Nomination packages must include:
- Photograph and complete name of nominee to include middle initial, date of birth, current address, phone number and email address, if available. NOTE: If nominee is deceased, provide date of death and place of interment.
- Current and/or previous fire and emergency services affiliations with dates.
- Summary of fire service experience/positions held, including significant elected positions held.
- Professional accomplishments and distinguished service, including publications, texts and articles published.
- Education, training and/or certification achievements.
- Honors and awards received.
NFHC President Ronny J. Coleman encourages you to submit the names of individuals who you believe have made significant contributions to this profession. The candidates for this year’s induction will be voted on by the Board of Directors at the October annual meeting in Emmitsburg.
For additional information contact:
William D. Killen, Chairman
Hall of Legends, Legacies and Leaders Committee
National Fire Heritage Center
P.O. Drawer 76
Emmitsburg, MD 21727