The National Fire Heritage Center Board of Directors has opened nominations for the Fire and Emergency Services Hall of Legends, Legacies and Leaders (HLLL). Nominations will be accepted from July 1, 2019 through August 15, 2019. The HLLL provides individual recognition of significant contributions and distinguished service to the Fire and Emergency Services mission. Vice President Billy Shelton states that the HLLL is one of the most important initiatives of the National Fire Heritage Center (NFHC). Located in Emmitsburg, Maryland, where it is maintained along with a virtual “Hall” that is part of the National Fire Heritage Center’s website (www.fireheritageusa.org).
NOMINATING CRITERIA AND FORMAT
- Any person or organization may submit a single (one) nomination to the Hall of Legends, Legacies and Leaders in accordance with the following criteria:
- Nominees should have completed at least 25 years of service in the fire and EMS services and or fire prevention/protection disciplines and be known/recognized in the national/international fire service arena (local/regional recognition does not qualify).
- Nomination packages shall be postmarked no later than August 15, 2019 and delivered to the National Fire Heritage Center, P. O. Drawer 76, Emmitsburg, MD. 21727
Nomination Packages Include:
- A Cover Page (does not count towards the nomination page maximum).
- Picture and complete name of nominee to include middle initial, date of birth, current address, phone number and e-mail address, if available. NOTE: If nominee is deceased, provide date of death and place of interment.
- Current and/or previous Fire and Emergency services affiliations with dates.
- Summary of fire service experience/positions held, including significant elected positions held. Professional accomplishments and distinguished service, including publications, texts, and articles published.
- Education, training and/or certification achievements Honors and awards received
President Bill Killen encourages your submittal of individuals who you believe have made significant contributions to this profession. The candidates for this year’s induction will be vetted by the HLLL Committee and submitted to Board of Directors for final approval and announced at the Fire Department Instructors Conference. Selections will be limited to no more than six inductees per year.
For additional information contact:
George Morgan, Chairman
Hall of Legends, Legacies and Leaders Committee
National Fire Heritage Center
P.O. Drawer 76
Emmitsburg, MD 21727