Nomination period for the Hall of Legends, Legacies and Leaders opens Jan. 15
Nominations for the Fire and Emergency Services Hall of Legends, Legacies and Leaders (HLLL) will be accepted from Jan. 15 through Feb. 28, 2019. The HLLL provides individual recognition of significant contributions and distinguished service to the fire and emergency services mission. We encourage your submittal of individuals who you believe have made significant contributions to this profession.Nominating criteria and format
Any person or organization may submit a nomination for the HLLL in accordance with the following criteria:
- Nominees should have completed at least 25 years of service in the fire service and or fire protection disciplines and be known/recognized in the national/international fire service arena (local/regional recognition does not qualify).
- Nomination packages shall be a single page, printed both sides of the paper, typed, and in Arial font 10 point. Only one page is permitted.
- Nomination packages shall be postmarked no later than Feb. 28 and delivered to the National Fire Heritage Center, P. O. Drawer 76, Emmitsburg, MD 21727.
- A cover page.
- Photo of nominee, complete name to include middle initial, date of birth, current address, phone number and email address, if available. NOTE: If nominee is deceased, provide date of death and place of interment.
- Current and/or previous fire and emergency services affiliations with dates.
- Chronological listing of fire service experience/positions held (most current first), including significant elected positions held.
- Professional accomplishments and distinguished service, including publications, texts and articles published.
- Education, training and/or certification achievements, honors and awards received.
The candidates for this year's induction will be vetted by the HLLL committee, submitted to the NFHC Board of Directors for final approval, and announced at the Fire Department Instructors Conference. Selections will be limited to no more than six inductees per year.
For additional information contact:
George Morgan, Chairman
Hall of Legends, Legacies and Leaders Committee
National Fire Heritage Center
P.O. Drawer 76
Emmitsburg, MD 21727